Click here to go to NENA membership.
NENA membership is based on the calendar year and all memberships expire December 31 of the year joined unless payment is received after October 1, in which case your membership will be valid through December 31 of the following year.
Member Benefits at a Glance
- Membership in your local chapter
- Subscription to The Call magazine
- Bi-weekly membership updates
- Members-only discounts on national and chapter events
- Discounts on courses and webinars
- Access to the comprehensive membership directory
- Members-only resources on nena.org
- Access to industry experts
- Representation in DC and across the nation
- Much, much more...
What is ENP Certification?
Certification is a tool of a professional association to establish the benchmarks of performance that will signify a broad-based competence in the professional field.
By successfully completing your certification, you will:
- Demonstrate a mastery of the comprehensive knowledge base required for emergency number program management.
- Help to raise industry standards and increase the respect and prestige of those involved in 9-1-1.
- Confirm your commitment to the 9-1-1 profession by showing yourself to be a leader in public safety and pledging yourself to stay aware of current issues and developments in the field.
Goals of Certification
The NENA Executive Board first formed a Certification Committee in 1992 to explore the development of a certification program for individuals involved in emergency number program management. After a thorough review of the certification process, the Executive Board approved the Committee's recommendation to go forward with the establishment of an Emergency Number Professional Certification Program.
This recommendation included several goals:
- To establish the comprehensive body of knowledge for Emergency Number Professionals.
- To promote a standard of competence for Emergency Number Professionals that will be recognized and accepted by the 9-1-1 profession, government agencies, the business community, and the general public.
- To ensure an awareness of current issues and developments in the 9-1-1 profession.
- To provide formal recognition of individuals for professional achievement.
- To encourage professional growth and enhance the self-esteem of Emergency Number Professionals.
For more information please go to: http://www.nena.org/?page=ENP