NENA Membership Drive
Why Join NENA?
Membership in NENA represents the ultimate way in which to increase your knowledge as a 9-1-1 industry professional. Scanning through the NENA Web Site will give you a glimpse of the many benefits we offer NENA members. Your membership investment return begins immediately upon enrollment...
Your return could take the form of:
- Educational Courses and Books
- Professional Certification
- NENA's many National and State-level Conferences and Forums
- Technical Standards to use in your workplace
- Operational Standards/Best Practices coming soon!
- National legislative/regulatory advocacy
- Other tools to help you in your profession every day
Your return on investment will exceed your expectations!
Enjoy the benefits of becoming a NENA member. Get a new member to join today. Remember, California has over 580 Public Safety Answering Points. It is our goal to have at least one member from each of these PSAPs represented in CALNENA. To aid CALNENA in reaching this goal, the State 9-1-1 program beginning July 1, 2006 is providing a CALNENA annual allotment (CAA) for funding CALNENA-sponsored activities. Each PSAP may be reimbursed up to $3,000 per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) for CALNENA-sponsored activities performed within that fiscal year.
For details about Membership, please see the right sidebar for NENA contact information.
Emergency Number Professional (ENP)
Purpose of Certification
Certification is a tool of a professional association to establish the benchmarks of performance that will signify a broad-based competence in the professional field. By successfully completing this certification program, you will:
- demonstrate a mastery of the comprehensive knowledge base required for emergency number program management
- help to raise industry standards and increase the respect and prestige of those involved in 9-1-1
- confirm your commitment to the 9-1-1 profession by showing yourself to be a leader in public safety and pledging yourself to stay aware of current issues and developments in the field.
Goals of Certification
The NENA Executive Board first formed a Certification Committee in 1992 to explore the development of a certification program for individuals involved in emergency number program management. After a thorough review of the certification process, the Executive Board approved the Committee's recommendation to go forward with the establishment of an Emergency Number Professional Certification Program. This recommendation included several goals:
- To establish the comprehensive body of knowledge for Emergency Number Professionals
- To promote a standard of competence for Emergency Number Professionals that will be recognized and accepted by the 9-1-1 profession, government agencies, the business community, and the general public
- To ensure an awareness of current issues and developments in the 9-1-1 profession
- To provide formal recognition of individuals for professional achievement
- To encourage professional growth and enhance the self-esteem of Emergency Number Professionals
Certification will be granted to those individuals who meet the eligibility requirements for admission to the examinations outlined in this handbook and who successfully pass the examination.
To request additional information, visit NENA's Emergency Number Professional (ENP) Certification.